From the revamped This Quantum World site, an all but sobering quotes collection:
- Quantum mechanics is magic. Daniel Greenberger.
- Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real. Niels Bohr.
- Those who are not shocked when they first come across quantum theory cannot possibly have understood it. Niels Bohr.
- If you are not completely confused by quantum mechanics, you do not understand it. John Wheeler.
- It is safe to say that nobody understands quantum mechanics. Richard Feynman.
- If [quantum theory] is correct, it signifies the end of physics as a science. Albert Einstein.
- I do not like [quantum mechanics], and I am sorry I ever had anything to do with it. Erwin Schrödinger.
- Quantum mechanics makes absolutely no sense. Roger Penrose.